Alcohol & Drug Education is here to support TCU students in recovery through counseling, group support meetings, and resources both on and off-campus. Texas Christian University is an institutional member of the Association of Recovery in Higher Education (ARHE), representing our Collegiate Recovery Community.
- Schedule an appointment with the TCU Alcohol & Drug Education office for an individual assessment or relapse prevention meeting.
- Individual counseling sessions are available at the Counseling and Mental Health Center.
- Students for Recovery Peer Support Community is a weekly open meeting for TCU students, varying in age, major, and phase of recovery, to share their experience, strength, and hope. This group also hosts alcohol-free events, including football and baseball tailgates, throughout the fall and spring semesters.
Off-Campus Resources and Support
- Fort Worth 12 step and other meeting lists
- Find an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in your city
- Find a Narcotics Anonymous meeting in your city
- Find an Al-anon meeting (for the loved ones of those struggling with substance issues)
- Young People in Recovery (YPR)
- YPR- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Referral List for counseling and testing centers in Fort Worth/near TCU
- Hear inspiring stories of individuals in recovery
Seeking treatment for a substance use disorder?
- Make an appointment with a TCU Substance Use and Recovery Counselor.
- Check out the SAMHSA (the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) national treatment locator for both inpatient and outpatient treatment centers.
- To find substance abuse treatment services in Texas, please call toll free 1-877-966-3784 for immediate and confidential help, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This number is a service of the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Make A Gift
Interested in donating to the TCU Collegiate Recovery Program?
If you prefer to send a check, you can send it to attn: Penny Bishop, TCU Box 297044, Fort Worth, TX 76129. You will make the check out to TCU, and then on the memo line write “ADE – Collegiate Recovery Community” or you may attach a note with that designation to ensure it is placed in the correct account.