The mission of the TCU Alcohol & Drug Education Office is to enhance students’ overall academic experiences and personal development through the promotion of responsible decision making and healthy lifestyle choices, especially regarding alcohol and other drugs.
- Enhance the academic mission of the university by ensuring that the abuse of alcohol and other drugs does not interfere with students’ academic goal attainment;
- Improve student development of leadership skills by providing opportunities for students to positively influence the campus and community environment;
- Increase student responsibility to self, others, and the world by assisting individuals in making responsible and ethical decisions regarding the use of alcohol and other drugs;
- Clarify and enrich students’ sense of citizenship through active involvement in programs designed to educate and inform the TCU community about substance use and abuse;
- Continue to improve the efforts of the Alcohol & Drug Education Office and demonstrate effectiveness through needs assessment and evaluation.